Please send all cover letters and resumes to email@example.com for further consideration
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
ABOUT ONE CHANCE ILLINOIS:
One Chance Illinois (OCI) is a 501c3 public charity, with a mission to advance public policy that expands quality educational options for Illinois’ low-income and working class families. A 501c4 named “One Chance Illinois — ACTION” works to achieve these advocacy goals.
OCI seeks to change the education policy conversation from one where labor, public, charter, and independent school sector leaders argue about which type of school is best able to serve children, to one where parents choose the best quality educational options for their child — no matter what form it comes in. The organization serves the entire state of Illinois with a headquarters in Chicago and an office in Springfield.
We are adding a Development Director to our team. For more information, refer to the job description below. If you think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
- Work Samples
We encourage applicants to be creative. Let us see how you are awesome at what you do.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Director is responsible for the development and implementation of One Chance Illinois’ fundraising strategies.
As background, due to its board of directors, OCI has made tremendous strides forward with three education policies; the “Illinois Kids Campaign”, “Untapped Potential” and the “Course Equity” initiatives intended to provide every child with the educational opportunities needed to reach their full potential.
In fact, OCI is one of the few education reform organizations expanding at this time in Illinois. In large part, this is due to the demand, demonstrated through large, statewide coalitions being formed through these three, parent-centered” policy initiatives. These efforts intersect to support One Chance Illinois’ larger vision for every child to have access to a high quality education, no matter what sector delivers it.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, The Development Director will take advantage of the fundraising opportunities that are resulting from our momentum and implement an existing fundraising plan to maintain, increase and expand OCI’s donor base.
- Manage external relationships with donors; represent OCI at key galas and events.
- Report to the Finance Committee regarding current and forecasted revenue.
- Manage and engage the Finance Committee to meet fundraising demands that budget requires.
- Develop/ implement donor stewardship plan, including regular donor communications.
- With support from Operations Director, develop and execute dinners and events, working to ensure turnout, develop presentations, create effective agendas, manage RSVPs, and communications.
- Manage donor prospect “moves management” through OCI’s new “Salesforce” database.
- Track all donor prospects and provide Executive Director and Finance Committee members prioritized donor prospect reports, research new prospects and drive all solicitors to execute tailored fundraising strategies.
- Track all grants, obligations and performance of grants, write and submit reports to donors.
- Support regular fundraising meetings with solicitors to coordinate, collaborate and execute fundraising strategies .
- Support Coalition and Policy Directors by identifying opportunities, writing grants and submitting proposals in accordance with their departmental needs.
- A deep passion for providing low income and working class children equal education opportunities.
- Creative, innovative thinker, able to problem solve in non-traditional ways.
- Exceptional writing, editing, creative visual layout and design talents, exceptional proofreading, outstanding and verbal communications skills.
- Task-oriented, flexible, and acutely attuned to detail.
- Excellent volunteer management skills and experience, as well as a temperament suited to working with highly successful political leaders and philanthropists.
- Existing or strong desire to develop database skills and has demonstrated ease in learning new technologies; is proficient in using Mac Software including iWork, Google docs, and MS Office.
- Outstanding customer-service attitude.
- Strong research skills, including a demonstrable ability to thoroughly examine and succinctly summarize local politics, various education policies, concepts and connect how philanthropists intersect with it all.
- Dependable, efficient and resourceful.
CHARACTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Impeccable integrity.
- Ability to build, motivate, and work within a team to accomplish project goals.
- Fresh thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Intolerance for mediocrity; strives for excellence in all aspects of work.
- Ability to have fun in daily work and a positive attitude.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Passion for One Chance Illinois’ mission.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Previous experience with politics and fundraising preferred.
INCLUDES HEALTH/ RETIREMENT BENEFITS. SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE